“Every company has two organizational structures: The formal one is written on the charts; the other is the everyday relationship of the men and women in the organization.” - Harold S Geneen
Are you confused about how to build cordial relationships with your colleagues? Is there any way to get through the same? If you are in search of the answer, you are at the right place.
Important factors for relationship building skills:
- Recognizing opportunities for team members to discuss work-related & personal problems
- Offering constructive advice & feedback
- Participative goal setting
One of the best experiences in life is to have cordial relationships with other people. Positive and pleasant relationships often help in building trust and love among people. Following are some effectual tips to build relationship building skills:
How to develop Relationship Building Skills?
- Communicate freely and frequently: Do you know the best way to develop cordial relationships with your customers? If not, then learn to develop relationships with them. Thank you & welcome email and messages to the customers help in building relationships positively.
- Offer rewards: Customer reward programs and loyalty work well while talking about building trust. This is quite motivating and keeps the customers intact for a longer time. These rewards can be given to the most loyal client or customer. This can be fruitful in retaining the relationships in a better way.
- Give as much as you expect: Effectual relationships need empathy. You just need to offer and deliver help on time to connect to people. This can give immense satisfaction and find others willing to respond when you require any help.
- Listen effectively: Listening means a crucial skill in enhancing another individual’s self-esteem. It is known to be the silent form of flattery that makes people feel supported. The most important part of any relationship is to understand what others have to say. This can help in developing mutual understanding and care. Other than this, practicing relationship-building skills can add to the performance.
- Frame new relationships by expanding your networks: For having sound relationships, it is necessary to expand your relationships. Maintaining relationships with unrelated organizations like media and government is also a part of the relationship strategy. Growing such relationships will help in keeping everything in sync.
- Learn to trust one another: When building any relationship, it is better to have a mutual understanding. The presence of understanding further can give birth to trust. Trust comes up to be the most vital parts of any relationship. Without there is no other way to win the hearts of individuals. This goes well in organizations as well.
As a whole, trust plays an important role in keeping things rather settled and out of any issue. For that, individuals need to be focused on building relationships first. This will be possible with the help of the factors that have been discussed earlier. After that, trust follows and adds to cordial relationships.