Congratulations for being promoted to a managerial position. Worldwide over 2 million people are promoted every year. Although for them it is an honor and a way to take their career forward, but do you know that the transition from being an employee to a manager may not be as smooth and easy at it may seem. There are so many things that a new manager or a First-time Manager needs to keep in mind like – accountability, forming a great leadership style, enhancing productivity and employee engagement, and driving the organization towards growth.
Using the highly targeted First-time manager program sets new directions for progress by furnishing their managerial skills. Statistics say that 60% of new managers underperform during their first two years and 85% receive no training prior to switching their role to managers. This can prove to be disastrous not just for the individual, but also for the organization.
It is important that first-time manager have the right skill set and it is polished by experts to ensure that their role as a new manager is praiseworthy. Beneficial upskilling and training from experts right from the beginning is the need of the hour for new managers. The aim is to make them into great leaders who can initiate change, empathize with their team and colleagues, manage conflicts, take apt decisions, cultivate winning habits, and drive better initiatives for the organization.
In order to reach somewhere, you need to take that first step
- Create a great momentum: The right coaching gives managers that much needed boost to make a smooth and easy transformation into their new professional responsibilities.
- Develop high performing teams: When managers are trained appropriately, they know how to help people, inspire them, and get the best done from their team even in time crunch and when following deadlines. Invoking creativity and passion and engaging their colleagues to execute and implement the ideas is also a characteristic of a good manager.
- Create trailblazers: Managers need to learn and create compelling leadership styles that will help them and the entire team take leaps and bounds on their career path.
- Preparing first time manager for success: New managers need a lot of support and of course the right training to make a mark for themselves. With the First-time manager training program it’ll help managers start their career with new zeal and reach greater heights. The best part about the program is that its fast, simple, and effective.
It has been built on time tested insider facts and on successful completion, it presents the outlook one must have while dealing with new roles and responsibilities, cultivate new skills to manage other people and give them ultimate job satisfaction with the right transformation. It is done using two modules – the four core conversations and four essential skills.
The four core conversations for first time manager
The special four core conversation model for training new managers provides an effective framework for getting insights about important conversations that are needed to manage people and performance. These are –
- Goal setting
- Wrapping up
Four Essential Skills
With these 4 essential skills, first time manager can learn how to have purposeful and meaningful conversation that creates a positive impact and improve relationships.
- Listen to learn: Set aside distractions and concentrate on understating all that is being expressed.
- Inquire for insight: Ask questions that draw out insights and ideas from the other person.
- Tell your truth: Share the necessary information that’s needed to help the person move forward.
- Express confidence: Build self-assurance and enthusiasm.
First time manager is a one-day workshop that is delivered face-to-face or virtually. It’ll help your new managers understand the importance of leadership tools and the skills needed to effectively manage and develop their teams.