Man is a social being and we all crave for friendships and relationships that can have our back. As much as personal relations are important in life, one cannot overlook the fact that relationships in professional life are equally as important. When you have cordial and positive relation at work, it makes you more productive at work. Developing efficient workplace relationship building skills is crucial for every employee. Using this training and applying its learning, employees can negotiate effectively, meet deadlines, and deliver projects on time.
Do you know that 82% people say they don’t trust their boss to tell them the truth? And 45% of employees believe that lack of trust in leadership is one of the biggest issues that has a negative impact on performance and productivity at work.
It doesn’t matter what education you have or at what position you are, if you cannot create a balance and be cordial with others, accomplishing goals in life will become rather difficult. Effective interpersonal relationships at work form the basis of chances of pay increase and even promotion. It is an important skill that will help you succeed in your career and take bigger strides.
Relationship Building Skills Help Establishing a Foundation of Trust
With the right kind of training, employees will get an idea of the fundamentals to create positive, empowering, and motivating work environments.
- Trust: Trust is the foundation of any relationship, be it personal or professional. With trust, employees can work in close collaboration and communicate effectively among themselves.
- Mutual respect: It is important that a respect is maintained between employees. This will help value differences and create stronger relationships where there can be an open channel of communication and feedback.
- Understanding: Take time to understand that your team and colleagues play a pivotal role in developing good relationships.
How relationship building skills are important for you?
Relationship building is a continuous process and it needs constant work. Here’s how it helps you and is important in maintaining professional relationships.
- It helps to develop life skills like communication, interpersonal skills, collaboration, and conflict resolution.
- It will help listen more than you talk. And when you work on your listening skills, people start to trust you more.
- Relationship building skills will help you cultivate a positive outlook at work, which will strengthen the overall work culture.
- You’ll be able to identify the relationship needs and then work accordingly to fulfill them.
- It will help you appreciate people when they help you in any form and who doesn’t like to be appreciated? This will open a way to better and stronger relationships.
Whether you’re working with someone who sits next to you or are reporting to senior management directly, the way you maintain relationships at work has a direct effect on how organizational goals are met. Thus, it is crucial to invest in relationship building skills training to foster a strong bond between employees and the organization.
The 4 main elements of trust
- Able – showing competence
- Believable – acting with integrity
- Connected – cares about others
- Dependable – honors commitment
Relationship building skills training offered by Blanchard India is a half-day workshop. It can be delivered virtually or face-to-face. Participants get to learn the art of building and maintaining better relationships at work.