Improve customer service with targeted customer service training
There is so much competition in the market today that customers are spoilt for choice. So what makes a brand or company a customer’s favorite? Of course, the products or services they offer need to be exceptional. But what sets a brand apart is their customer service. If customers are provided amazing service, they are bound to be loyal to your brand. Do you know that it costs 6 – 7 times more to attract new customers than to retain existing customers? And 89% of customers switch to your competitor brand after a poor customer service experience.
Customer service training is integral to the corporate sector. It is specially designed to equip managers and front-line service providers with the right tools and methods to talk to customers, both internal and external and make a great impression. The aim of this training is to achieve your customer’s trust.
Every customer wants great service, and for the complete success of your brand or organization, it is good to have effectual services that can help in keeping customers satisfied. Happy customers are more understanding. And to make customers happy you need a team that’s prepared, well-informed, and ready to face the challenges. That’s when expert customer service training from Blanchard India will prove to be beneficial.
Importance of having good customer service
Here are 7 reasons why customer service is important and why you should consider customer service training for your organization.
- Customer retention is cheaper than customer acquisition
- Happy customer service employees will create happy customers
- Good customer service represents your brand value, image, and mission
- Happy and satisfied customers will refer your brand to others
- Customers are willing to pay extra to companies that have great customer service
- Good customer service encourages customers to remain loyal
- Customer service employees can offer helpful insights into customer behaviors
To develop an effective Customer service training program there are various training approaches that you can take. Read on to find how it can be done.
- Analyze your current successes and challenges: The first and foremost step is to analyze the current levels of customer satisfaction from various surveys, shopper exercises, and complaints registered. Once that’s done, you need to capture the volume and nature of each of these aspects to ensure you can focus on critical aspects and give the best results.
- Focus on customer service attitudes, skills, and behaviors: Within the Customer service training program, you can use exercises and activities in which employees can get practical knowledge. This will help to highlight issues that prevent great customer service and you’ll get suggestions to do better. On the whole, this approach will embed a positive mindset shift.
- Review how your customer service standards are captured and communicated: Experts recommend a review of the organization’s customer service standards to embed training in them. However, if you have a small team it might not be possible to integrate customer service training standards. In such a situation, you can use some time beforehand to capture the essence of training. This will really help enhance employee engagement and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Involve and empower team leaders and managers: Ask the team leaders and managers to review the customer service training plan. Provide an overview of the training session, so that the learning can be reinforced. Also, ask the managers to give you genuine feedback on the changes they observed in the Customer service training program. It is best when managers and team leaders are equipped with problem-solving and are able to overcome obstacles.
- Involve employees in the ongoing development of the training: Make sure to talk to the staff to know their needs and how their ideas can be incorporated. The next step is to capture get feedback and implement their suggestions on how to improve customer service.
In addition, after the completion of the training ask the employees how they feel about it, what did they learn, and how would they like to keep the momentum going. For example, you can set up customer service forums and use the features in daily meetings and briefings.
- Reward excellent customer service: Reward excellent customer service to ensure employees strive to do their best and achieve the set goals. For example, high performing employees can be given a customer service excellence award, on a monthly or bimonthly basis. Successful schemes usually include the nomination of employees as well as managers and team leaders monitoring customer feedback.
- Measure the outcome of the Customer service training program: Return to your initial results from the survey, mystery shopper, and complaint records after a set period of time. This is a great way to improve customer service. And you’ll be able to measure and communicate the improvements.
- Celebrate the success of training: Involve all the employees in the process and appreciate them for their support and contribution. Sometimes a simple thank you from the top management is the best encouragement. Ideally, the senior management should do this face to face or in front of the team to make sure that the morale is boosted.
- Build learning into future training: Capture the key successes and lessons learned through customer service training. Also, ensure that your employees and team members can easily access and utilize this valuable information.
Merits of customer service training program
Rightly said that the pulse of any business. Companies that have a good customer service rank higher in the customer satisfaction index. It is important that companies and brands build long term relations with customers that can become their true assets. With the right customer service training program, you can train your managers and front-line service providers with the tricks of the trade.
- It strengthens loyalty: Satisfied and happy customers are more likely to refer your brand to others. They will willingly share your products and services in the community.
- Decreases the cost of sales: If an organization develops the ability to understand the requirements of their customers, then they can save a lot of cost of acquiring and retaining customers.
- Turns customers into ardent fans: When customers are satisfied it doesn’t take a lot of time and effort to turn them into your fans and advertise about your business on social media. Word of mouth publicity is super powerful and one should not ignore it.
- Helps get necessary feedback: Customers provider honest and unsolicited feedback which can be a boon for your company. It’ll not just help improve your services but will also give you a chance to innovate and bring new dimensions to your services.
Legendary Service Model
This is a framework that explains how to deliver good customer service and is greatly helpful in customer service training program as well.
The highly beneficial customer service training program by Blanchard India is a one day workshop. It is ideal for service providers who interact with internal or external customers. The other variant of this workshop is a half-day program for managers. The training can be delivered face-to-face or virtually and it is a great way to take your customer service from ordinary to legendary.