In an organization, every day brings a new challenge. Change is the only constant in the corporate world and the faster you accept this, the better it would be. There is no running away from change, but accepting it can be difficult sometimes. With the right tools and practices, you can help your employees embrace change and move forward with it.
Change management is a systematic approach that helps in dealing with the transformation and transition of the organization’s goals or processes. The main aim of change management training is to implement strategies for effecting change, controlling change, and helping employees adapt to change.
Help people progress through change management training
Changes are mostly unpredictable in an organization. With change management training by Blanchard India, you get to help employees at all stages of change. The situations can be complex and dealing with it without any support or guidance can be so difficult. The change management training gives a clear indication that nothing is too difficult to achieve even in the toughest of situations.
Change initiatives fail because companies lack the skills to ensure that change is sustained. A great solution to this problem is opting for change management training. Given below are 10 guiding principles to help you navigate through change in a better way.
Change management training is an important aspect of corporate culture but many times it is not implemented properly. Read on to find 3 reasons why corporate training supports organizational change and is a crucial part of the change management process.
At workplaces strategies, structures, and systems are adjusted and the organizational culture responds. Planned programs do support organizational change and are helpful for employees. And as experts say that training is a key component for a smooth transition. Employees are able to move through change in a better way when they are guided with change management training.
How top-tiered people lead through change management training
What’s the sign of a progressive company? The most progressive companies are open to transformation in their culture to reach greater heights of success. For an organization to move ahead with times, it is important that the managers' and leaders’ knowledge of change management and implementing that change is on point. They can help employees to anticipate, address, and create change.
- Clinch the deal: Managers should find the root cause of the problem and address those problems in an open way. This will be helpful in making the team believe that there is flexibility and commitment to change.
- Accomplish faster: If organizational development and change initiatives are done using research-based models, it’ll help in achieving organizational goals much faster.
- Develop change and implement it: Change management training develops resilience and seamlessly integrates change initiatives and doing this effectively will help in differentiating between a culturally rich, successful company.
Adapting to change is not a one day process. Your team and employees would need time, and with the right effort and guidance, they’ll be able to adapt to organizational changes.
When we become comfortable and complacent about anything in life, it becomes difficult to even accept a small change in that situation. At workplace, employees have to go through various kinds of changes, be it in terms of policies, technology, management, or business environment. Although these changes do alter the way organizations do business, it cannot alter the core beliefs of an organization. Read on to find the importance of change management training.
3 reasons why corporate training is essential in today’s times are –
- It increases the rate of change management success: Do you know that 70% of change initiatives fail in an organization? But why does this happen?? Usually change management training fail because of negative employee attitude and unproductive management behavior. Recent studies show that 33% of management behavior does not support change and at least 39% of employees are resistant to change.
Managers and leaders set behavioral standards in the organization and it is important that they are in synch with change and setting an example and tone for how the change should be received by employees. Providing managers with the right training will not just help them but will, in turn, help the employees and the organization on the whole. Another importance of change management training is that it teaches them to be the best advocates for change while providing appropriate support and guidance for employees. A good leader or manager is the one who during times of change leads by example. A fresh new perspective for leadership training ensures managers are leading their team in a positive and encouraging manner, and productivity is increased. This is one of the main importance of change management training.
- It helps maintain visibility and encourages belonging: A recent study showed that only 40% of the total employees of an organization knew about their organization’s goals, vision, and plans. The business information is only the tip of the iceberg. You need to discuss with the team and employees how the plans and strategies need to be executed to get the best results. Some other important details that need to be discussed include – beliefs, values, perceptions, and shared assumptions. All these are underlying factors but cannot be overlooked.
When you don’t consider these factors employees have an even less visibility of how the organization works, what principles are being followed, and what’s the code of conduct. It is imperative that the organization provides induction training that clearly states the company’s mission, policies, values, and strategies. This way the employees will have a fair idea about their role and responsibilities at the job.
- It promotes employee engagement: Employee engagement is one of the most important factors that managers are trying to achieve. Engaged employees are more productive, feel more committed to their job, and are more innovative. A recent study showed that highly engaged employees in an organization are 89% less likely to leave their companies as compared to disengaged counterparts.
These statistics also highlight the importance of engaging and involving employees in change management training. Organizations should aim at training managers to help them understand how to deliver the change message in a delicate yet affirmative manner. They should gather feedback, listen to their team’s perspective and point of view, be empathetic and a patient listener, and only then can these change management training processes be successful.
Leading people through change
- Diagnosis: Managers learn the predictable concerns and questions of people being asked to change.
- Flexibility: Managers learn how to apply the insights from the training to address common concerns and take change leadership strategy to a new high.
- Partnering for performance: Managers learn to build a bond with their team members which allows them to share their grievances and influence the process.
The change management training by Blanchard India – Leading People Through Change is a two-day workshop and takes place in-person. The best part about this training is that it can be customized to help your managers and leaders bring development in your organization.
Handling organizational change is one of the main responsibilities of a leader. When done successfully it will significantly reduce fear, negativity, and rumors. It will also increase employee engagement, motivation, and overall productivity. By training managers, you are empowering them to support their team and adjust to change in a positive manner. It will also help them learn new things and get a new perspective while feeling secure in their job.